Bathing baby

Hi mummies, I have to admit till now i have not try to bathe my baby. He is already 5mo now. I am just not confident of bathing babies. Am I a failure mother? Or who else did not try to bathe yr baby too? My husband is the one who bathes our LO and now our helper. Even helper can bathe my baby so there is no reason for me to not do it?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thanks mummies for the encouragement! I have just bathed my LO for the first ever time although there are some hiccups here and there but my 5mo has been very patient with me. I regretted not bathing him much earlier when he is still tiny. Nonetheless it is a really good bonding experience and my LO loves it! He keeps kicking the water when mummy bathes him. And I shall not stay anonymous haha

Read more
4y ago

Noted thanks babe! :)

What I see is a caring mother who is just worried of hurting your baby during bath time, so definitely not a failure mom :) be confident! Buy a bathing net to hold ur baby so they won’t slip and drop into the water. Qoo10 sells them, just type baby bathing net and you’ll get it. All the best momma!

4y ago

Thanks mummy I will do so :)

Super Mum

It’s normal to be apprehensive, but at 5 months, your LO should be able to sit with support, so it’s actually a lot less scary to bathe him now:) Start by bathing him together with your husband, then you can gradually build your confidence and be independent in bathing your LO:)

4y ago

Yes my LO can sit with support now. Will try to bathe him. Thanks mummy!

VIP Member

Initially i was very worried and scared too but i wanted to bathe my baby on my own so much. I go youtube to learn the proper way and slowly try out my own. Bathing your LO is also a form of bonding. Try it sis. Your baby will love you bathing him/her 😊

4y ago

Thanks mummy!

VIP Member

Den try bathing ur child la. Y need a reason to do it. Besides just bathing him i also use the time to bond.. every moment spend together mummy n child will mean alot to the both of u k. Try it!

4y ago

Ok thanks mummy!