Why does my 4 month baby cries (at times)when I make him to sleep?

But when my hubby n helper does it he’s less fussy.. so whenever I carried him n he’s crying, my hubby will ask me to pass to him or pass to my helper cuz he can’t hear baby cries for long. I felt disappointed with my hubby and upset over this it seems like my baby hates me

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's completely normal for babies to cry for various reasons, even when being put to sleep. Babies might cry more with certain caregivers simply because they have different ways of soothing them. It's important to remember that your baby's reactions are not a reflection of how they feel about you as a mother. One possible reason your baby may cry more with you could be due to the unique bond and sense of security they feel with you. This can sometimes result in them feeling more comfortable expressing their emotions, including crying, in your presence. It's common for babies to be more easily soothed by different people, and it doesn't mean your baby hates you. Try different soothing techniques and observe what works best for your baby. You can also involve your husband and helper in understanding and responding to your baby's needs. Communication with your husband about how you're feeling is essential. Expressing your concerns and discussing how to work together as a team in caring for your baby can help strengthen your bond as a family. Remember, every baby is unique, and parenting challenges are part of the journey. Don't be too hard on yourself, and seek support from other parents or professionals if needed. Your love and care for your baby shine through, no matter what challenges you may face. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

It's not that your baby hates you, that's for sure. Your baby is crying because he's trying to communicate his needs, but he can't speak, so he can only cry. You did notice that there are times that he doesnt cry when you carry him, but you're focusing on the times he cry. That will definitely make you feel sad. My baby also cries before he sleeps, and sometimes I can calm him, sometimes, my hub, sometimes my helper. So it really simply depends on who the baby happens to feel ok with that day, and it's not personal to anyone. Sometimes it's how we hold him that day. Sometimes he wants to be put down and we're holding him still, etc etc. However,if you're constantly feeling down and sad, I suggest checking if you have ppd. Normally by 4 months there would be a certain rhythm to things, and feeling upset over the baby's routine pre-sleep crying usually tapers off by then, so I'm concerned that you have other underlying persistent negative feelings after you've had your baby.

Read more
3mo ago

Yes:( they really seems to fight sleep haha will continue to try to find ways to comfort him…:(

sometimes baby can sense mother's near so baby cries for more attention or to get what he/she wants, and only from mother. my firstborn was like this. he only fussed and cried more when I carried him, but stopped when others carried him, unless he's definitely in discomfort. 😅 I felt exactly the same as you or even worse cos sometimes I'd cry when that happened. but I eventually got used to it and its all love 💗 don't give up! and rest assured your baby doesn't hate you. in fact, he might be doing this because he loves you the most!

Read more

He can’t hear because maybe it breaks his heart. Don’t take it too personally or you will always feel miserable. Baby will usually fuss before sleeping. Even for my 15mo baby. Again, don’t take it personally that your baby hates you cause I don’t think that’s the case. We usually pass the baby around and see who manages to get her to sleep and everyone feels so relieved when she does.

Read more
3mo ago

That’s true on the relieve part 😅😅😅😅

Sometimes it could be the way you’re holding the baby? My baby used to cry more when my husband is holding her then he learnt the way that she likes to be carried. Don’t get disheartened! Your baby definitely doesn’t hate you

3mo ago

Maybe 🫢 I’m trying to see how helper carry him..

TapFluencer

i wasnt very good at this either... but eventually my kidz know who love them the most

3mo ago

Really:;(( it’s very upset to see my baby being carried away n someone else manage to calm him down rather than myself..

💕

💕

💕