bf and formula my newborn

Hi mummies, I feel completely lousy and as a bad mom because i cant get myself to fully breastfeed my baby and instead sometimes still have to feed him formula, my nipple got torn and it hurts when breastfeed or pump untill got blood come out... sometimes my whole body is aching to the point i have to ask my husband to hell me feed formula instead, my son only 2 weeks old but i feel that i wasnt good enuf to give him breastmilk all the way... i am planning to continue to breastfeed him as well as mix formula all the way till he is 6mths or 1 year.. but my mil and my friend been telling me i shud just full on breastfeed if not might as well give up, and that my baby wont be close to me and all next time if i dont breastfeed enuf, I feel really lost.. Am i making a wrong choice mixing formula sometimes at night when i am really too exhuasted or body aching? I feel like i am not giving my child better...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have ache for 2.5 mths tbh. Baby is also on mixed feed because i dont produce enough to meet her demand. Right now at times i can supply just enuf for her feeds (coz she sometimes only eat 5 times).. i stopped latching her many wks back coz she doesnt want anymore.. dun feel bad.. like my fren told me, latch or nv latch, bm or fm, doesnt make us lesser a mother.

Read more