Low appetite at 17weeks pregnancy

Hi mummies! I dont have much appetite still. At this stage I'm supposed to be eating well already,but unfortunately I'm still not picking up on the appetite. But according to gynae checkups baby is growing well. I can only take spoonfuls of rice and depends on dishes what dishes i can take in. Seems like most of it is to my dislike and its quite hard to find something interesting to eat at the moment. Any Mummies here experiencing same situation? What to do? Should i be very worried since I'm not eating much.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, I’m at 17 weeks now too and found it super hard to eat anything just a week ago. Now things are better. However during the earlier weeks when all I could stomach were plain carbs, I would blend a smoothie with milk or water or coconut water, veg, frozen fruit, chia seeds and nut butter. I used lots of frozen berries to keep it fresh. I could usually keep that down. Anything else with meat or fish or too flavourful was absolutely a no-no. Hope this helps :)

Read more

I had quite a low appetite at 17 weeks due to nausea too, but it slowly got better and now I'm hungry every 2 to 3 hours (week 19+ now) so it may just get better soon! hang in there

Im 18 weeks now and still have low appetite and food aversion 😫😫 and i heard its normal. Some even experience this till theyre about to give birth 😣