Breastfeeding guidance from experienced mummies pls

Mummies, am I doing it right? I pump about 3-4 times a day & I read that we can combine all the milk (for that day) in 1 bag but provided it is of the same temperature. So what I did is normally I will store the first milk into the storage bag and subsequently I poured the others into a container, keep in the fridge to get the same temperature before adding it into the storage bag with the 1st milk. After adding all for the day then I freeze the bag. Is it the correct way? I'm 1 mth post partum & my milk still hasn't come to that point where it is enough when I nursed my baby so I have to top up with formula too. And I'm trying to build a milk stash and gosh pumping is so exhausting! Minus all the washing the pump parts after every use 🥴 while nursing can hurt too. I keep having milk bleb on both breasts but I still nurse him eventhough it hurts. And also, why do my breasts smells like baby's vomit after I pumped? Is it normal? My baby will sometimes gagged when I nurse him but he will latch on after that. I wear a nursing bra & also a breast pad as I keep leaking.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How is your diet mummy? Are you drinking enough water to hydrate yourself?? Hydration is important! You can look for a lactation expert too :)