Induce labor

Hello mummies ! Can I check with y’all if like during our check up , can we request with gynae/doctor if they can induce labor for us ? Help ftm here because I’m 38 weeks 1 days. I can’t take it anymore.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You may check with them and if they allowed. I was asked to be induced for both child. But only the first was done because baby past EDD. In labour quite long despite 3 cm dilate. Hence, you be prepared even if it dilate it can be painful and long. Induce can be much more painful. I took jab, gas and epidural. I give birth only the next day after induce in the morning. Most doctor will advice till 39 to 40 weeks approx.

Read more
10mo ago

Yeah, you can seek advice from gynae. On some cases there are mummies given the option okay to go for induce at 38 weeks. But some not, because they advice for natural birth. You may wish to consult with your gynae/doctor and therefore see if they allow. Otherwise hold till 39 weeks. Hang on dear, you will be okay. Endure just little bit more okay? ❤️

You may request with your gynae, is your personal choice ultimately. However, most gynae will recommend induce if your cervic have begin to dilate and soften. If not the process could take quite long and painful. Hang in there 🫶🏻💪

induce unless you have special cases, like example high blood pressure, high risk pregnancy in sugar, then they will start to induce you. but overall you can ask back your gyane to see what he or she will tell you.