Natural way to induce

Is there any ways to naturally induce/kickstart labor/contractions? As Gynae mention if baby by EDD not yet out will have to induce... I'm currently 38+1, not much time left till my EDD. Gynae have told me induce will take longer time up till 24 hours. I have heard people say walk more or try having sex. If walk, how long should the duration be? As for sex, when to start trying or try during week 39? Any other natural ways? Though I know it may not works for everyone...

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Walk, squat, sex, drink coconut water, cranberry juice, eat dates, it helps for some not all. Try membrane sweep, it might trigger and cause waterbag burst. If this is the first baby, it will take pretty long. Based on my experience, both babies I exceed EDD and was at 3cm dilate until admission day. I had to ask doctor to burst waterbag in labour in order for contractions to happen. However, on both cases, my #1 did induce and was in labour more than 12 hrs. My #2 did not induce and was in labour more than 8 hrs. I had mild contractions before labour for my #2. Therefore I was only on oxytocin to have contractions closer in gaps. Also a thing to take note, when contraction happens as it gets tense, pain, dilation will not happen fast therefore you have to know the right breathing technique and be calm. Not all has high tolerance level.

Read more
3mo ago

Wow thanks for sharing!

We same week! My gynae asked me to do squats, since baby head is down already, basically the squat just forcing baby to move downwards. She also asked me to do nipple stimulation/massage to induce labour naturally. You can try if your gynae clear you + if you’re tired of being pregnant I’m not doing it because I wna keep baby inside until after CNY. Jiayou!

Read more

i got induced at 38+3 for low fluid!!! its not that bad 🤣 but u can try walk at parks or do simple pelvic exercises!!!

3mo ago

Not that bad as in?