How many days exceed edd before induce

For KKH, when baby exceed edd, how many days will gynae give for us to try natural labor before getting induced ? Im coming to 39 weeks still not a single sign and have a feeling ill end up getting induced as i heard most mummies exceed edd for first child 🥵 Is it possible that one day we feel nothing then suddenly next day we see early labor sign. Or usually labor sign will go on for few days #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As a mum of two, both of my pregnancy exceed EDD. For my first at NUH, doctor allow me to hold till 41 weeks. But for my second at KKH I was only allowed till 40 weeks. First pregnancy induced, second suppose to be induce but didnt go as plan due to priority cases ahead of me. Therefore no bed. My recent KKH experience I did had cervix check at 39 weeks and membrane sweep. I was 3cm dilate but no sign of birth at all 🤣 I always hope second would be faster. But not at all. And again at 40 weeks I did membrane sweep again but no sign. I only had mild contractions for more than 12 hr but nothing help until I was on epidural and halfway through baby wanted to come out 🫢 At that point I was dilating 4cm to 10cm within seconds.

Read more

I gave birth last month and it's my first pregnancy. My gyne gave me till week 41, I was given to decide to be induced at week 39+6 as I was dilated at only 2cm and already had mucus plug. I decided to wait till my EDD but baby was still comfortable inside. The next very day at midnight, the contractions started regularly and was admitted to KKH at 5:30AM. I was able to deliver normal without being induced as I was at 4cm to 5cm dilated in the observation room. My labour took around 9hrs. So it all depends on our bodies. 😅 Every pregnancy is different!

Read more