Stopping adoption process

Hi mummies, I just birthed my baby girl few days ago on Aug 2021. I had planned for her to go for adoption for the longest time due to disagreements from family and that my boyfriend felt we were unable to provide for her. I have always wanted to keep her but I have no choice but to send my baby girl for adoption. My adoption was through an agency and private - not under MSF. I cried so hard signing the affidavit to give up my child for adoption and was threatened I will be disowned if I kept the child. I have been thinking for a few days and crying nonstop thinking about my newborn. I am thinking if I should just stop the process and get my child back, get disowned and wing it with the support of my boyfriend or just accept my fate and tell myself it's for the better as the adoptive parents will be able to provide for her. I feel bad for the adoptive parents who probably prepared for her arrival and wasting the adoption agent's time.. But I can't stop thinking about her and crying over her. Please advise or give opinions and not be so harsh. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If you're having even .01% of confusion, listen to your Mommy heart and keep your baby. You'll find a way and you'll be an amazing mom. You are thinking and worrying about all this, proves that you are a loving mom. I won't promise that it's gonna be easy but who said motherhood is easy? It's a bumpy ride but it's all worth. You'll have to adjust your life on so many fronts.. cut down on expenses, sacrifice sleep and comfort, baby will be priority from now on and many more. so think about all these as well. You can empathize with the adoptive parents but you definitely have the first right to keep your baby if you decide to. even if ýou decide otherwise, you won't be a bad mom so don't feel guilty about it. You're going to give her a good future :)

Read more