Hi mummies , Any good porridge recipes for 8mo baby? I understand that I can replace water with chicken stock to cook the porridge. But how do I make the chicken stock? And can we feed them with the daily soup that we drink? (Salt added) Tia !

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

salt is not recommended for kids under 1 year old. you might wanna consider using ikan bilis powder, it's very easy to make and you can keep in your fridge. wash and dry ikan billis, and then toast it for a bit before grinding it with your blender. otherwise you can use the soup stock to cook porridge, just take it out before you add any seasoning. if you make a big batch, just freeze it, add a few cubes each time you cook.

Read more

To make chicken stock for your baby's porridge, you can boil some chicken in plain water until the meat is so tender that it easily falls off the bones. At 8mths, try not to add salt to your little one's diet just yet as his kidneys are still unable to cope with more than 1g of sodium daily. But if you want to let him try your own soup (with salt added), just a few spoonfuls would be more than enough.

Read more

Hi~i dun encourage to add salt into baby food before 18 months. To make really nice chicken soup wo salt with natural sweetness u can use chicken drumstick, carrot, onion, potato. Cooked for about 30 mins. I will take the drumsticks out and pour in rice and cooked in high heat about 15 mins and done. I put the washed rice overnight in the fridge it will cooked faster. You can give it a try.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi mummy, Not all the soup you've cook suitable for baby. Using chicken stock to cook porridge will be tiring too as you need to brew the chicken first then use the soup to brew the porridge. Time consuming. This is how I cook my porridge for me baby. I've shared a few receipe in my ig too you can check it out. https://www.instagram.com/p/B9PI2Npn7t7/?igshid=1wv25m7d03gzm Hope it helps!

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

boil the chicken to cook and take chicken for your family's consumption. use the bones to continue with boiling soup. cool the soup and save them in different glass bottles. usually I will keep them in freezer and when I need, I thaw them for usage. No salt please because kids below 1 year old should avoid salt.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi there. I used achovies stocks. Types of Porridge: - broccoli and threadfin porridge - potato and carrot porridge - pumpkin and spinach porridge - corn and salmon porridge - chick peas and potato porridge - spinach and salmon porridge - and etc

Read more
VIP Member

you can actually boil the whole chic cut into small pieces... for hours till it out yellow... or when cool down... it like jelly.... its a lot of work. but tasty. pop in onion carrots potatos and celery... bones of chic... try it.

my baby eat salmon porridge with brocolli, sweet potato, tomato. it taste nice as i tried it! No salt needed and she love it very much☺

VIP Member

before adding salt, scoop the soup up. chicken stock i usually use chicken feet with bones.

VIP Member

ouh and refeigerate them... without the goods... just the soups.. 😘