Baby drink lesser

Hi mummies, Ftm here... My lo is currently 2m + and is fm only I am trying increase my baby milk from 100ml to 120ml. But he seems to take lesser than usual. Sometimes he take 120ml, sometimes he take 100ml and sometimes he take less than 100ml. Very concerned as he should eating more...

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummies, First of all, congratulations on your little one! It's completely normal to have concerns about your baby's milk intake, especially when they seem to be taking less than usual. Don't worry, I've been through similar experiences with my own children, and I'm here to help you out. One thing to keep in mind is that every baby is different and their appetites can vary from day to day. It's important to understand that your baby's feeding patterns can change as they grow and develop. They may have growth spurts where they eat more, and there may be times when they eat less due to various reasons such as teething or feeling a bit under the weather. To address your concern about increasing your baby's milk intake from 100ml to 120ml, here are a few suggestions: 1. Offer smaller, more frequent feedings: Instead of trying to increase the amount per feeding, you can try offering smaller amounts more frequently. This way, your baby might be more willing to finish their bottle and it can help prevent them from getting too full or overwhelmed. 2. Pay attention to hunger cues: Watch for signs that your baby is hungry, such as rooting, sucking on their hands, or making smacking noises. By responding to their hunger cues promptly, you can ensure that they are getting enough milk. 3. Create a calm and comfortable feeding environment: Make sure the feeding environment is quiet, peaceful, and free from distractions. This can help your baby focus on their feeding and potentially increase their milk intake. 4. Burp your baby during and after feedings: Sometimes, babies can take in air while feeding, which can make them feel full before actually finishing their milk. By burping them regularly, you can help relieve any discomfort and make more room for milk. 5. Consult with your pediatrician: If you're still concerned about your baby's milk intake or if you notice any other changes in their behavior or health, it's always a good idea to consult with your pediatrician. They can provide personalized advice and address any underlying issues that may be affecting your baby's feeding. Remember, every baby is unique and their feeding patterns can vary. As long as your baby is gaining weight, having wet diapers, and showing signs of contentment between feedings, they're likely getting enough milk. Trust your instincts as a mother and remember that you're doing a great job taking care of your little one. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask. And remember, we're all here to support each other on this beautiful journey of motherhood. Warm regards, A fellow experienced mommy https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more