Not excited about 2nd pregnancy

Hi mummies. My firstborn is currently 13mo and I found out that I'm pregnant with my 2nd. It's not a surprise because we did plan for it. However after finding out that I'm pregnant, I don't feel excited at all. In fact I'm a little sad. Sad that my time with my firstborn is limited. Now I feel like I'm knowingly taking away time and attention from her. I'm scared too. How would I be able to handle 2 kids under 2? Is this normal? My husband simply just brushed it aside and told me not to think too much.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi..firstly congrats on ur 2nd pregnancy...dont worry too much..i know how it feels having another baby after 1 year gap with the 1st born..dont feel that the 1st born hasn't get enough love n care from u..they will grow up together as a best friend cause their gap is 1year gap..look at the bright side..its like u are raising 2 children at one time..its like u growing a twins..my sis is the same like u, 1 year gap children...she can make it, u too can make it 👍 its a blessing that u are having another child soon..dont be stress and think too much it may affect ur pregnancy journey..some people out there are trying their best to conceive..stay positive 🤗 A healthy mummy, is a healthy baby ❤️ take gd care and stay safe 😉

Read more

Hi, do acknowledge the fear that you have about managing 2 child at a time.🙆🏻‍♀️ Woman tends to prepare in their mind mentally and hence it does creates some anxiety in us. We often hope to be the best mother to our child, but at the same time remind ourselves to be present with your child and yourself, pace yourself, manage your own expectations too:) Do monitor on your emotions during this period of time, if it persists on or gets too overwhelming for you, do reach out for help :)

Read more
Super Mum

Mine first born is 22 months old and I'm expecting my 2nd baby (16 weeks). The excitement compared to knowing my first pregnancy is equally the same however my hubby reacted differently. 🤣 He is kind of chill when I announced it to him. I think its fine. Don't think so much. Everything will be in place. :)

Read more

my 1st and 2nd are also 24mths apart...means I was preg with 2nd when my eldest was 15mth. things really not as bad. maybe I have help. my mum came over to stay with us during weekdays and goes back to her home on weekends.

Congratulations! I want so much for a #2. Although the time alone with #1 is limited, but when #2 is born, the siblings bond is sooo beautiful! And I have friends that delay #2, end up keep trying also don’t have. Jiayou

congratz on your baby! its normal to feel overwhem and scare..just focus on the bright side. baby is a gift!

Mine is 9 months apart and idk if I am able to handle it