Mixed Emotions

Im coming to 6 months post-partum, and i just found out that im pregnant again. My first (previous) pregnancy wasn't a smooth sailing one. I need to eat medications for almost 8 months, as my morning sickness was very bad. (The medication makes me sleep alot.) So what bothering me.. • Im afraid that with this pregnancy, i will neglect my firstborn. • I have no idea how to break this news to my husband. • I don't know how to tell my parents & inlaws about it. • What would others think of me getting pregnant again when my firstborn is coming to 6 months. • I've yet to go for th contraceptive consultation, which is next week and here am i preggy. (Jokes on me) Help me out, mummies! I'm not as excited as i am when i got to know i conceived the first time.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First foremost congratulations on your second pregnancy. Don't feel the guilt and feeling bad over things that has already happened. My advice would be to speak with your spouse because end day emotional support is important. When you make love it takes two hand to clap, so when you are pregnant he needs to know and be there too. Slowly when you are few months ahead example : second trimester, then you break the news to both of your parents. Don't think about what others said. Ignore. Think of those TTC parents trynna conceive but they are not able to. Be thankful we are the chosen one. Though it should have better be plan like you mentioned. There's also a reason why doctor advice us to get contraceptive soon because whatever we do, one way or another we may get pregnant unexpectedly. After birth, we will definitely have healthy egg follicles hence why it happened. My sister conceive her 4th when her 3rd was 4 months old and she just had her C section 🤷🏻‍♀️😅 (tell me about it, the ouchy pain). But, she embrace it till birth and now he is 1 years old. Definitely, it will take awhile to digest and process it all. But sooner or later, you will feel better and feel happy. Try to divide the attention where needed. All the best mummy ♥️

Read more

Congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy. I agree with Eva, be thankful that you are the chosen one. And I also feel that you should let your spouse know soon. So that you can have a better planning on how you can manage better with both your new born and 2nd pregnancy. Jiayou mummy ❤️

Better to tell earlier so necessary arrangements can be made. I know it’s hard to ignore what others may think, but you don’t owe anybody any explanation. All the best! Maybe this time it’s a smooth sailing pregnancy :)

TapFluencer

if u were planning for more than one child, this is great news by all accounts!!! wishing u & ur LOs nothinh but the best!

hugs.. all the best mummy.💛 share with your hubby and support each other. every child is a blessing.