21 weeks pregnant

Hi, do any mummies experience when scanning, they found that the left kidney is slightly big than other. Doc said it is normal and not too worry. But....google made me worried... Any mummies experience this, when the baby born, everything is normal and nothing is abnormal or defect or has down syndrome or any illness? Pls dont get me wrong for thinking negative, im just worried and scared..?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hope you and baby are fine! If you are okay with sharing, may I ask how is baby in the end? I’m experiencing the same as you

3y ago

hi! sorry for the late reply. his left kidney was swollen cause of his urine does not fully flush out. Due to obstructed ureteropelvic junction. I had to induce him at 38weeks. and he had to go surgery when he was 1 month old, doc does not let me hold the surgery for long as afraid it might worsen and will end up kidney failure. of course i do not want that to happen, with heavy heart, i let him go for surgery. BUT, it is worth it. everything went well, he stays at NUH kids for almost a week. His scar isnt that big either, just straight line from his back. He is 9 months old now, healthy and his kidney getting better. however, i still have to go for follow up with his kidney doctor, to ensure he is still fine, well feed etc. i hope i dont scare you with all this info. every baby is different, i had someone who experience the same but her baby did not require to go for op. so i pray everything goes well to you and your baby too ❤

VIP Member

Hnmm maybe seek an 2nd opinion for it?