Depression?

Hi mummies.... everytime night time is near.. I feel very down.. it’s like I am very scared and sad.. coz I have to take care of my newborn... just wondering if this is post partum depression? How do you all manage to cope with this kind of feeling? Dont you feel tired?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Dear... I am a new mom too. After I gave birth 5 Jan 2020, I experienced fears also. To the point that I have anxious sensations on my chest and yes I cried a lot. My mind was overwhelmed with worries. I sought help from NUH gynae and they assigned me a counsellor. Apparently, what I experience was anxiety attacks which nearly led me to post partum depression. However, having the counsellor to talk to, it helped me how to counter all those negative thoughts. The psychiatrist offered medication to calm my nerves but that was not an option for me as these type of medication will make you sleepy and my baby has no other care giver, just me and hubby. So what I did was a lot of deep breathing, meditation to silent my mind, and think of the happy moments you had before or visualise a happy place that comforts you. Slowly, the fears and anxiety subsides. Having a counsellor to talk to helped me discover what is the root of my fears and what scared me. Once you know what scares you, you'll find an answer how you can overcome it. Because most of the times the fears are not a real danger but our mom instincts just kicked in once you have a baby and many dangers and fears pop up in our brain. Hope this helps if not you can call me if you want to.

Read more
VIP Member

Take turns with ur husb to take care? Dont be scared.. taking care of a newborn needs patience, perseverance and lots of trials n error to find out what works best for your child.. dont be afraid to seek help n ask for ideas on how to manage ur baby ok! Every mother has to go thru this.. you are not alone! ❤️

Read more