Hi mummies and daddies, have you encounter baby sleep and cry while eyes closed? What's going on? Mind sharing how or what should i take note of?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think there is a lot of reasons for CHING during sleep. Sometimes it can be they feel uncomfortable due to gas in stomach or it can be due to silent reflux. My gal had silent reflux and was sometimes whimpering in her sleep. But it could also be like what Jacinthia mentioned about being overstimulated and having nightmares. If that's the case may consider winding her down much earlier for bedtime

Read more
VIP Member

If baby is sleeping for only 30-40 minutes and then cry, chances are they are just experiencing partial arousal during their sleep and this is quite common. They might wake up briefly and cry a little as they learn to connect to the next cycle. Just allow your child to learn to self settle on his own so he can connect to the next sleep cycle without your assistance.

Read more

Yes, my baby was doing it a few times these few days again. It is likely to be a case of overstimulation during the day or slightly before sleeping so they will have nightmares. Try to wind down the activities before bedtime (nice bath / read storybook) and see if it helps Other things I did were to partially swaddle the baby or use those swaddle bags

Read more

My baby does that. But we gave her pacifier to soothe her, so far, it's working. But there are times where she jus cries badly, then I'll cuddle her & whisper to her not to cry as mommy is here for her.

Mine dreams and cry or sleep talk. Try to reduce excessive stimulation in the hour before child sleeps. Should prevent this from happening frequently.