I am Overweight

Hi mummies, Just to check if any of you conceived successfully eventhough you’re overweight (i couldn’t find a better term for this, i hope you don’t mind) as i am trying to conceive and feeling a bit down when i read up that weight plays a part in conceiving. I tried to watch my diet, eat healthily and stuff but doesn’t seems to work.. My family and i are considered as big size so it runs in the genes.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you might want to consider getting some professional help like i did, like going to fertility doctors etc. They cn help to look into the issues as to why u r not conceiving and prolly recommend some supplements or alternative ways to conceive. 😊

VIP Member

Even though medically people said that it is difficult to conceive when you are overweight, this is actually not true. It depends on your overall fertility and health condition. I conceived naturally at 127kg. My baby is born healthy last July.

i got conceived with my 1st baby when im at 93kg. me n hub we never plan. at 1st i was scared too due to my weight but then its comes naturally. i guess the best u go see gynae get their advise. good luck sis!

Weight does matter but it is not the only factor. Best to go see a gynaecologist to get yourself checked. Get your husband to go for a checkup too. Good luck!

Hi.. im overweight myself.. and i just gave birth like 8months ago.. weight doenst seem any problem for this.. try and try.. u can do it ~

Heard many success stories about pregnancy in “heavier” women. Don’t worry!