Numb hands

Hi mummies, anyone experienced hands numb every time u wake up after sleeping and throughout the day it doesn't go away? Both my hands at least 3 fingers are numb and last the whole day.. i am already close to 4 months postpartum and it started being pain till they went numb about a month ago already.. any advice please? First time mom here. I usually massage my breasts during pumping and carry baby alot..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing numbness in your hands. It sounds like you might be dealing with carpal tunnel syndrome, which can be common during and after pregnancy due to swelling and fluid retention. One thing you can try is wearing a wrist splint at night to keep your wrists in a neutral position and reduce pressure on the nerves. It's also important to take breaks from activities like carrying your baby and massaging your breasts to give your hands a rest. Gentle stretching exercises for your hands and wrists can also help to relieve symptoms. In addition, make sure to stay hydrated and maintain good posture to reduce strain on your hands and wrists. If the numbness persists or worsens, it's important to see a healthcare professional for further evaluation and treatment options. You're doing a great job as a first-time mom, and it's completely normal to experience these kinds of physical challenges postpartum. Take care of yourself and don't hesitate to reach out for support when you need it. Wishing you all the best! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hello, i had that symptom few weeks before i pop and also during my 1st and 2nd month postpartum. However it has went away on its own. I know what you mean, its like the fingers are frozen in the morning and don’t even have the energy to twist the milk bottle 🥲 all the best mama