Hi mummies, anyone encounter your newborn want to keep latching on and too full till splitting out milk but still keep crying to latch. Should give pacifier? Am concern if pacifier is introduce may face problem to latch again.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on ur baby's way of latching - to reduce the regurgitate - u have to burp the baby Likely your baby is suckling for comfort and treating ur nipple as pacifier which u should give pacifier. All the talk about pacifier giving nipple confusion and or need special pacifier so no nipple confusion - it's all nonsense (according to a LC). Babies are MUCH smarter than that and will know the difference - especially when pacifier don't give milk but nipple. I was just like u, v concerned about all these initially till enlighten by LC and by experience. I latch my baby on one boob, the othe boob use nipple shield, we bottle feed bm/fm, we also give pacifier. Baby still likes to latch and can latch after/along with all these

Read more

newborn wake time is 45mins. if that time has elapsed and your baby is still awake and crying, it's not crying for more milk. you need to put her to nap.