Fibroid degeneration second trimester

Hi mummies, anyone encounter fibroid degeneration during pregnancy and can share your experience? Will it affect the size of baby? I have a 5 cm fibroid and it’s degenerating according to gynae. The pain is unbearable even after 5 days. Wondering how long it will take to get better. Currently on HL, and taking antibiotics, anti contraction pills and painkillers. Worried that baby will be affected by the medication.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fibroid degeneration during pregnancy can be a challenging experience. It's essential to follow your gynaecologist's instructions closely and communicate any concerns you have. Here are some insights and solutions for your situation: 1. **Fibroid Degeneration During Pregnancy**: Fibroid degeneration can cause pain and discomfort, especially if it's large like in your case (5 cm). The pain you are experiencing is understandable, and it's good that you are already getting medical attention and taking the prescribed medication. 2. **Effect on the Baby**: Typically, fibroid degeneration does not directly affect the size of the baby. However, it's crucial to monitor the situation closely with your healthcare provider. The medication prescribed by your gynaecologist aims to manage your symptoms and should not harm the baby, as they would have considered this when prescribing the treatment. 3. **Recovery Time**: The duration for fibroid degeneration to improve varies from person to person. The pain should gradually lessen as the degeneration subsides. It's not uncommon for the pain to last for a few weeks in some cases. Keep in touch with your gynaecologist to monitor your progress and discuss any persistent pain. 4. **Concerns About Medication**: It's normal to be worried about how the medication may affect the baby. Rest assured that gynaecologists consider the safety of both the mother and the baby when prescribing medications during pregnancy. If you have specific concerns, feel free to discuss them with your gynaecologist to alleviate any worries you may have. 5. **Emotional Support**: Dealing with fibroid degeneration and the associated pain can be emotionally taxing. It's essential to seek support from loved ones and other mothers who may have gone through similar experiences. Online forums and support groups can also provide a valuable source of comfort and advice. 6. **Continued Care**: In addition to the prescribed medication, remember to take care of yourself by getting adequate rest, staying hydrated, and eating a balanced diet. Follow up with your gynaecologist for any concerns or if the pain persists. If you require further assistance or have additional questions, do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider. Your well-being and that of your baby are of utmost importance. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I did experience it in my first pregnancy. I had two fibroids which grew to 12cm and 11cm. The pain was unbearable. My gynae prescribed me painkillers and advised me to have plenty of rest. The fibroids eventually shrunk to about 9cm. Despite that, my baby was unaffected and growing. He was born at 3.5kg! Just hang in there and follow your gynae's instructions.

Read more
2mo ago

Thank you so much for sharing. This is assuring for me to know.

TapFluencer

🙏💕

💕

💕