Fibroid during pregnancy week 11

Hi mummies, wanna check if anyone accidentally found out they have a fibroid (2cm) during their routine pregnancy scan? I have no symptoms e.g heavy period, period lasting more than a week, pelvic pain etc. Gynae mentioned 2cm is small, not required to remove it. Will the size shrink? Will it grow? Will it affect pregnancy? #1stimemom #pregnancy #firstbaby #help

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have 3-4 fibroids with the largest at 5cm. The gynae told me that the position of the fibroids won’t affect my pregnancy and also won’t interfere if I want to do natural birth or csec. The fibroid will grow throughout ur pregnancy due to hormones and will shrink back once you deliver. (At least that’s what happen to me).

Read more

I had 2 fibroids in my previous pregnancy. Both grew quite big and unfortunately it affected my pregnancy. I may have lost the baby due to the fibroids pushing against it. Just monitor your fibroid at every appointment. Some grow, some won't, and some will shrink. Hope everything will go smoothly for you!

Read more
1y ago

Hi! Sorry for your lost. Currently I have fibroid pressing against the womb. May I know in which week you lost your baby? I’m so scared😔

I don't have a fibroid but I do have a 2.5cm cyst in my left ovary. the doc says it prob won't affect the pregnancy for this size. you can consult your doctor!

Discovered fibroid during pregnancy too. From 2cm grew to 5cm, currently 24 weeks pregnant. Told me not to remove and monitor first…

I have 3+cm cyst, gynae said to just monitor as the pregnancy progresses. No immediate actions needed/risks at this moment.