Fibroid in pregnancy

Hi, any ladies with fibroid in pregnancy experiencing pain? How do you cope with it? Does the fibroid grow even in 2nd and 3rd trimester?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had fibroid during my first pregnancy and had pain on 2 different occasions during late 2nd tri n 3rd tri. I was given painkillers n HL to rest. the pain went off awhile. it didn't really grow in 2nd n 3rd tri. the max size was about 10++cm at the end of 1st tri or early 2nd tri.

2y ago

Hi mummy. Can I check how long did the pain last for you? And what painkiller was given? I was given tramadol

Super Mum

Hi Zy, Unfortunately, pain due to fibroid is common during pregnancy. There isn’t much we can do other than rest, hydrate and mild painkillers. Fibroids can grow throughout pregnancy because of the increase blood supply to the area. Please let your doctor know..

My sister in law has fibroid and from what i heard from her, there's nothing you can do about it but endure the pain. Her fibroids do grow but just a little bit. For her first baby, she told me after her c sect, the doc remove some of her fibroids.

my fibroid stayed the same size throughout the pregnancy. there wasn't any pain at all

I see, thank you for the info ladies❤

2y ago

Hi Zy. How long did the pain last for you?