Do you feed rice to your toddlers

Hi mummies, Do you always feed rice for lunch and dinner? Or alternative feed?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi Glynnis, How old is your toddler? I try to swap out the staples - so we’ll do noodles one day, pasta another, bread and stew, potatoes. Depending on the dish of course. As we love to travel with our children, we figure introducing them to different staples will help as they’ll be less fussy with overseas local dishes.

Read more

My child attend ifc so I think they will give her porridge for lunch, so for dinner, I will give pasta, noodles, rice, pancake even! If you cook for the entire family, u can just give whatever the family eats . No need to cook special (of cos the kids portion has to be no salt/sugar)

Super Mum

My toddler eats everything and we swap the menu for her to have a variety of food. (For e.g. pasta, macaroni, stew, potatoes, rice with soup, bread, noodle and etc).

VIP Member

feed alternatively. my baby usually like to do things himself, but when comes to eating, seeking attention.

VIP Member

Yes. For rice I feed Jap pearl rice as they are softer but for porridge I use normal short grained rice

i give mostly rice with meat n vege cause she can last longer without eating for at least 4 to 5 hours

VIP Member

I always feed rice .. it’s our main dish , once in awhile I will change

mostly rice for dinner lunch will have porridge pasta noodles udon

we alternate with noodles, pastas, bread etc

TapFluencer

yes you can if they like