Hi Mummies, my 4 month old baby recently started crying really loudly in the early night like 6pm-9pm when/if my mil or husband is carrying her. Usually when i need to bathe or eat my dinner. Normally, she does well with being carried by them. She is with me 24/7 except when i bathe or eat my meals. Is this part of a growth spurt? It can be quite upsetting for my husband when she starts to cry in his arms. Please advise! :(

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

She's likely overtired if she didn't nap at least 5h in the day (spread over 3 naps) and have uninterrupted sleep of 10-11h in the night. She should be asleep by the 12-12.5th hour (if she wakes at 7am, asleep by 8pm latest). Overtired babies cry inconsolably. 4MO shouldn't stay awake longer than 1.5h. Being awake for 3h is likely to have her exhausted and cortisol (stressful) level will be high.

Read more
8y ago

alright thanks so much!!

I am facing this now. My lo is going 3 month. As the baby is with mummy 24/7 she might be recognizing the mummy smell for secure and comfort. My hubby will try to coax the baby until she calm down which take awhile. Only when its nearly milk time then she refused to being coax by my hubby. Maybe can share with your hubby how does your lo like to be carry or what she like will help to calm her too.

Read more
8y ago

hi, thanks for the advise. Will let him know!