tested covid positive during pregnant and emotional

Hi mummies! Just tested positive for covid and i seem to be super emotional (like crying) this period - worrying if it will impact baby or not and things like that. No idea why my hormones are acting up but would love some advice! #1stimemom #pregnancy

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, I'm day 7 today & still positive but feeling much better. 19 weeks. Was worried initially too but I know that won't help with recovery. I stopped meds after day 2 cuz didn't want too much chemicals in my system so I'll let my body fight it out. Drink lots of water (3 litres recommended) & stay positive. Talk to your love ones when u feel emotional. 💪🏻

Read more
2y ago

Yes trying to not take meds but a little hard to fall asleep with the cough and the stuffed nose! Let’s recover well together mummy 💪

hi mommy! don't worry, im just like you. when i found out i have covid while pregnant, i cried so bad! our hormones are crazy this time, i tend to be very emotional at the slightest thing. i had covid for 8 days, everything was fine after that. baby is too. i would talk to my husband and reassured me all is fine and spoilt me rotten. that kinda helps.hehe

Read more
2y ago

thanks for letting me know it’s normal, glad to know you are well now! I couldn’t control the tears for some reason esp being isolated in the room alone! Thank you and I hope to recover well with baby too 🥰

I was tested positive at week 33. had the same concern as you, worry about the baby and all. I had a bad cough and serious nose block! but gotten better after day 3! don't stress urself too much, just relax and gets alot of rest and fluid ! follow up check up on the baby: everything is good ! 👍

2y ago

Thanks for sharing!! Will focus on recovering (:

Hi I was also covid during Cny period but I recover on the 7th day. I was initially very worried whether will affect baby , then I consult few doctors and they mention it will be ok. Don’t worry everything will be fine 🤗 hope you will have a speedy recovery and take care! Cheer up 🙂

2y ago

Good to hear! And glad all’s well! Yes hope this season will pass soon!

Don't worry too much k.. Focus on recovery which means, more rest, sleep, hydrate and positive mind.. Baby is ok.. And u will recover soonest momma.. I had mine at wk19 and everything was like onset of fever, flu, cough, phlegm and doned. May this covid not spread too much and too fast..

2y ago

Yep i will! Trying to sleep with all the cough and phelgm and stuffed nose

VIP Member

I was covid positive at wk 28ish.. baby is fine. 2 weeks later, cough & lethargy are still here. I’m allergic to paracetamol, so my recovery was probably much slower than others. There’s no other prescriptions available for me, just lots & lots of water. So be positive.

2y ago

Thanks for sharing!! Glad all is well (:

hi, me and my family all C+ last week. luckily all C- now and life back to normal. I was Week 21 and escaped with minor symptoms, so did not take any meds. try to rest, drink lots of fluid and not think too much ok!

2y ago

Great to hear you’re all good! I’m taking meds now cause it’s a bit hard to sleep, so a bit worried abt the effects too! Will rest and hydrate too (: thank you!!

Don’t worry! I was positive for covid at week 36, don’t think too much just rest as much as possible! Drink plenty of water:)

2y ago

Thank you!! Will do (:

Week 35 covid +ve and later recovered after a week. At week 37 now and am OK 😀

I have a number of friends who r pregnant and positive before. They r okay n safe :)

2y ago

Thanks for sharing!!