26 weeks & Covid positive :(

Hi mommies, I just tested positive on ART kit and not sure if baby will be safe? Anyone been thru Covid while pregnant can advise on what to do? I’m worried about baby :( I have called my gynae but she can’t do much as I can’t visit her until I’m negative. #pleasehelp

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had covid when 19 weeks pregnant and saw a GP. Doc gave pregnancy safe medication however as i had quite bad covid symptoms, GP gave referral to KKH to scan baby. GP assured that covid will not affect baby, so it was optional if i wanted to go. Went to KKH A&E since its my first pregnancy and didn’t know what to expect, turns out everything was normal. Btw at KKH they only monitor baby heart rate so no scans or tests. After that was asked to go home. Gynae also said that baby will have covid antibodies. Am at 37 weeks now and baby is all good, doing well. Don’t worry! Better to have covid now than much later in the pregnancy when you are very heavy or when baby is born

Read more

I had covid too when I was 27 weeks pregnant. Was down with fever, sore throat & flu for the first 3 days. I was super anxious and worried too! I regularly checked for baby’s movements and used my fetal Doppler to check for baby’s heartbeat to assure myself. The symptoms subsequently subsided & I tested negative on Day 9. Just take the meds prescribed as needed. My baby is one month old now and healthy! Don’t worry okie, everything will be fine. Rest well and stay hydrated!

Read more

I had it at 20 weeks and baby was totally fine at 22 and 25 weeks scan. I am now 29 weeks :) My gynae told me there’s no cause for concern so long as my symptoms are mild and I don’t have high fever or breathlessness, AND baby will have extra antibodies. She said if I need to, normal flu meds like Zyrtec or paracetamol are safe, but I refrained from taking it and did natural remedies like hydration, vitamin c, coconut water and lots of rest! Get well soon mama

Read more

I had covid when I was 19 weeks pregnant. I went to normal clinic for swab test and they gave me safe medications for pregnancy (but I did not consume them 'cause my symptoms are not serious). I only have minor sore throat and flu. But doctor from hospital did contact me during my covid week to check up if I am fine 🙂 (And if I need another place to recover) Now I am week 38 and baby is fine all along 😊

Read more

I had Covid when I was about 20 weeks. Mild symptoms like sore throat, cough and flu. Only took lozenges and drink lots of water. Managed to recover in 5 days. This week I will be going to the gynae. So far baby is very active in my tummy so should be no issue. Don’t worry too much! My gynae told me it’s okay to take medication for Covid! Just make sure U take lots of fluid, and also fruits.

Read more

I contacted my gynae to seek advice as I just tio Covid this Tuesday.. she just replied me the above ^ Shes a very friendly & super nice gynae.. i'm blessed to be seeing her. Hope by sharing my gynae's reply to me can help mummy who kena covid too (: anyways am still covid+ now too. 😅 lets get well soon mummy(s)

Read more
Post reply image

I'm at week 15 and just tested positive. Went to gp to get meds and just took 2 tabs of paracetamol for fever, sore throat and cough manageable so not taking any meds, gynae says OK to recover from home and I've scheduled my next check up to be just after 7 days. fingers crossed that everything will be fine!

Read more

Had it on Tri 2, went GP and they showed no extra concern. Baby wasnt affected upon scan next few weeks, but I lost some weight due to loss of appetite but appetite came back once I recovered. Just load up on necessary vitamins and lots of fluids n u should be fine.

Had it at 27 weeks. Tested negative on the 8th day and went for a scan the day after. All was fine except that due to lost of appetite my baby was smaller than expected. So please do continue to eat well and hydrate yourself! Get well soon 🙆🏻‍♀️

If you have symptoms, you can go to a GP to get some pregnancy-safe meds to help you manage the symptoms. Otherwise, baby should be fine! Dont worry. Had covid at 19 weeks and baby was okay when I did my detailed scan at 20 weeks.