Do you eat yoghurt in first trimester?

My mum always told me to avoid “liang” food/drinks when I was TTC and that included yoghurt so was wondering if this applies to first trimester? Thanks!

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually a lot of these old wives' tales are preventing pregnant women from getting the right nutritious intake. Scientifically speaking, yogurt is beneficial to the bowels, can even build immunity (all thanks to the all powerful probiotics), and provide calcium.

Honestly a lot of things our parents say, rly have to verify the origin of the saying. Actually a lot of food is very good and healthy as long as it is eaten in moderation. Can always Google n check with your gynae if unsure.

I still eat regardless of trimester (first included) too. I remember I was still eating yoghurt hours before I admit myself to hospital 🤣.

1y ago

Yogurt is very beneficial all throughout pregnancy, especially for digestion.

TapFluencer

Yoghurt is one of the things recommended to take during pregnancy and afterwards also. Pls check with your gynae too and proceed

I ate overnight oat with fruits and yogurt (sometimes even for breakfast) for my whole pregnancy. Baby is born healthy :)

1y ago

Thank you for the reassurance:)

Yes, my gynae recommended yoghurt in the first trimester for boosting calcium.

1y ago

Thanks! Looks like it’s not really that liang after all😂

VIP Member

yogurt is not “liang”… it’s just temperature cold, which is ok!

1y ago

Hahaha yeah I definitely will want to shower 😂

Yoghurt is an option if you have constipation too :)

1y ago

Sounds good thanks😄

yes i had yogurt and some other cold drinks too.

1y ago

Ah okay thanks!:)

no