My mother says if I have pictures of babies in my room, it will positively affect my unborn child. Is this an old wives tale or is there some scientific explanation?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I thought there is a saying of, look more beautiful babies, ur baby come out will be beautiful too. (Anyway don't try so hard, my aunt baby came out, and she got a shock as it's not what she expected to look like.) There is many old wives tales, just listen and avoid what you like will do. You won't know, whether you are the "lucky" one or not when you disobey the tales.

Read more

How will it affect the baby? Physically? I believe it's just an old wives' tale since the baby's genetic makeup determine everything, like skin and hair colors. Thus, influencing his physical attributes by looking at pictures of babies is impossible. http://www.babycenter.in/x1049954/will-looking-at-a-beautiful-baby-during-pregnancy-make-my-baby-beautiful#ixzz4AXbiMXZR

Read more

Maybe she means looking at pictures of happy babies will lift your spirits and keep you happy thus in turn, you'll have a smoother and more relaxed pregnancy? I've heard of the whole look at pretty people to get pretty babies superstitions but I don't really buy that myth. But having eye candies during pregnancy can't hurt right haha.

Read more

I don't know what that means. Never heard of a saying like this before.