I have heard that eating foods which contain magnesium and calcium can help one get pregnant with a girl? Is this scientifically true or an old wives tale? Can somebody help?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It appeared to have came about based on research studies. You can refer to this article for information: http://www.babymed.com/food-and-nutrition/diet-may-influence-baby-gender The "girl-diet", as mentioned in the article proposed that a lady consume: - 3 glasses of milk (milk and cheese are prohibited on the “boy diet” because they are very good sources of calcium) - 2 milk products such as yogurt, custard, or pudding - Only sodium-free or small servings of low sodium cheeses - Eggs (though preparation must be considered, for example no cheese omelet’s due to high sodium content of the cheese) - Mineral water: Evian and Perrier - 1 very weak cup of coffee or tea due to high potassium content - Salt-free breads and crackers (must be less than 1% salt) - Brown or white rice - Semolina, tapioca, corn-flour, puffed rice cereals (whole wheat bread is not allowed as it is richer in potassium and contains phytic acid which lowers calcium absorption in the intestine) - 8-10 eight ounce servings of water daily to aid in calcium absorption I guess there is no harm in trying. However, perhaps just for a few months so that one would not neglect a balance of nutrients for general health. Just my personal take. Good luck!

Read more

I'be heard and read about studies reagrding the “gender diet”. Apparently a specific diet can change the pH level (how alkaline or acidic) in a woman’s body and thus changing the polarity of the egg. Apparently, by ingesting the suitable ratio of minerals, a woman can alter her uterine environment making it more conducive to attract either and render the survivability of an x or y chromosome from a sperm. Magnesium and calcium are 2 minerals that supposedly make the conception of a girl easier. Don't know anyone who have tried this method and conceived a girl though so can't vouch personally for this method.

Read more

A close friend of mine advice me before if I wanted to have a girl I have to eat a lot of broccoli. I don't know if its true.

VIP Member

I don’t think it’s true

Zalo 0973/699/582

Post reply image