Depression during pregnancy

Hi moms, I’m a first time mom here juggling my degree, work and daily house chores. Unfortunately, I do not get the support from my husband who’s supposed to be there for me during this time. Instead, I’m being treated like a maid and expected to do everything like normal. I can’t quit my job although teaching has been honestly tiring. Not forgetting the countless going up and down the stairs. Often, I find myself crying because I’m stressed out at work and home. I can’t have proper sleep at night because my husband snores and refuses to do anything about it because he says it’s natural. On other days, I’m being manipulated into having sex since he says “it’ll help me prepare for birth”. Of course, I don’t fall into the manipulation because how can I? I’m tired from being a teacher, I’m tired of having to take care of the household chores, and I’m tired of having to provide for a man child. I don’t know what else to do and my mom is not taking me back because as the old people believe, the wife belongs to the husband. I lost sleep. I lost my rest time. I lost my happiness. I don’t even have any will to live anymore.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dear mummy, please fight for your rights to be happy. First and foremost, you must truly believe that You deserve respect and happiness. Please reach out to social services for counseling before depression gets worse. If you fall within certain income level, you get subsidized and very affordable rates. The worst thing you can do now is to remain status quo and just let the situation and your mental state worsen. If husband snore affects you, you can sleep in another room. Just dont do household chores if it’s too much for you - know that baby’s safety should come first and your family should have this mindset too!! Doing too much at pregnancy can risk miscarriage. If your pregnancy isn’t stable, sex is also a no-no. If your husband cannot accept these things then I think he is a very toxic person and you should open your eyes to what kind of person and attitude he has.

Read more