Is epidural suggested??!!

Hi Mommies, I'm gonna be a first-time mom soon. Due in a-month time. Despite being told about the unbearable labor pain, I'm still hesitating about having epidural, after reading several cases of mishaps. Could you please share with me how was your experience? Thanks so much!

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took epidural but it's doesn't work for me... But still I managed to give birth to lo De pain is super kick... Dats how I feel it in 3 days in labour ward... Actually I'm happy can feel de pain coz I'm carry him 9 month.

Read more
VIP Member

I had the same concerns as you but I opted for epidural to manage the pain as I wanted to conserve my energy for a natural delivery instead of enduring the pain and ending up with a C-section. Epidural is ok!

From my experience (c-sect) try not to unless absolutely necessary as i have terrible backaches now especially when seated for too long with baby for feeding / when putting baby to sleep.. 😔

VIP Member

Keep an open mind about epi :) of course if you can tahan then go without. But if the pain gets unbearable and you’re not dilating fast enough, take the epi! It’ll speed things up

I manage to do it without it.. but my pain tolerance level quite high.. even though high, at one point, really is pain till I was wiggling around.. Depend highly on u what u wan..

4y ago

Thank you for sharing! :) I hope my tolerence is good enough.

A big thank-you to all the mommies who take time to share your experience with me. Its motivational and informative. Wishing you and LO(s) good health and happiness! ❤

I want to try not to take epidural as I heard many side effect after having it but the pain was unbearable. In the end choose to take epidural 😣

4y ago

Thanks for sharing :)

I opt for epidural once I'm admitted to hospital for induced labor.. I feel no pain at all throughout .. the best decision ever..

i have low tolerance pain so i opt for epidural , im happy that i make a great choice, i dun feel pain during the delivery

Super Mum

I had epidural as mine was elective c-sec and everything was bearable with no side effects after one yr... :)