Hi mommies, whats the effective treatment childrens cold? She's only two.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I suggest giving her steam is a very effective treatment but along with it you can also try a few home remedies, like giving her a concoction of ginger, honey and basil leaves. Put ginger and basil leaves of them in a bowl and add 1 cup water to it. Put it to boil and when one fourth of it is left take it off. Cool it down and add a spoon of honey to it. You can feed the baby every now and then one or two spoons thought the day.

Read more

If you don't have a nebulizer, you can boil water with salt in a pot. Then let your baby inhale the mist of it. Just be careful not to touch the hot pot.

Hi, You can give steam to your baby. Since, she is just two, you yourself must sit along with her near the steamer to avoid any fall of the steamer.

My pedia recommends Ventolin nebules especially when my toddler (18 mos) has a clogged nose and cough. I would recommend having a nebulizer at home.

I always use a nasal aspirator if my child nose is blocked. Otherwise I'll run the water in the bathroom and use steam during shower time.