Mental Health Issues

Hi! May mommies po ba dito who have just recovered from mental health issues before nabuntis? I used to have clinical manic depression, anxiety disorder, and PTSD. Nagrerelapse din ba kayo? How do/did you manage your pregnancy? Would you know kung may effect yung mga antidepressant drugs that we used to take to our pregnancy?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

While my response might be a bit late, I wanted to chime in for others who might have the same question. I can imagine it's challenging to manage mental health issues during pregnancy. It's important to consult with your healthcare provider regarding the effects of antidepressant drugs on pregnancy. Finding support from other moms who have experienced similar situations can be valuable. You may want to consider connecting with local support groups or online communities specifically for moms who have recovered from mental health issues. Speaking of resources, I came across an article that discusses depersonalization and derealization, which might provide some insights and guidance for managing mental health. Check it out if you're interested: https://fherehab.com/learning/depersonalization-derealization

Magbasa pa

Hello kay mamsh na may mental heqlth issues! Same here.. meron ako anxiety disorder and need ko stop medications ko para kay baby. I'm 7 weeks pregnant now.. and feeling ko inaatake akonng anxiety ko kagabi. Gusto ko na sumuko 😭 I wonder po kung paano kayo naka cope up sa dilemna ninyo? Any advice po? Also si baby. Kamusta po siya nung pinanganak? Naka affect po ba yung mga medications na na takr ninyo before sa kanya? Thanks!

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Hi! Thanks to the Lord and I was able to safely carry and deliver a healthy baby last week. I've stopped taking my meds 6mos prior pregnancy. So far, I dont see any negative effect sa baby ko. She's perfectly normal, no defects, and physically strong and healthy. I'm just not sure with your case kasi preggy ka na and you're still taking your meds. Have you talked to your OB and Psychiatrist about it? In terms of coping, I was supported greatly by my partner kaya mas madali akong nakarecover. I was surrounded by good friends and I was very vocal about my condition with them, even sa manager ko sa work and our HR. The more I talked about it with people close to me, the faster I got better. And syempre praying religiously and consistency with my relationship with God. Ngayon, I'm relishing every second of motherhood. If kaya ko, I'm sure you can, too. 😊

VIP Member

Ask mo po yung psychiatrist na nag-reseta sayo ng anti-depressant mo, mag nagtritrigger po baulit sayo to have relapse?

5y ago

More on subconscious remnants na lang na lumalabas sa panaginip. I don't get panic attacks anymore though. Onting palpitations pag may naaalala lang. Nagtataka lang ako kasi I make sure na happy and positive thoughts ako palagi for baby in my belly. Kaso sa panaginip lumalabas lahat yung mga bad. Wala pa akong masaya or maayos na panaginip since I got pregnant. Haaaay. Thanks for responding 🙂