Post natal massage after c section

Hi mamas! May i ask does anyone ever did post natal massage after c sect and if u do how many weeks did u wait till u had one? If i do it after 3 weeks will the massaeus still able to massage my wound and scar? #advicepls #firsttimemom #FTM

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you can do postnatal massage as early as after 2 to 3 weeks when you are able to lie face down without hurting. however must avoid stomach area. postnatal massage is good to get rid of water retention, stimulate blood circulation and relief postnatal stress. the breast massage is really good for mummy and baby. if you are thinking when you can do womb lifting, for csect mummies is safe to wait 6 months. for csect incision usually take 6 months to a year to completely heal inside and outside depending on individual. hope this helps. mummy of 2 csect babies certified postnatal massage therapist

Read more

I did mine after a week but she didn’t touch my wound and scar. Mainly massaging my legs and body to ease my water retention. For wound and scar , I’d suggest you check with your gynae if you can go for post natal massage.

My masseuse recommended waiting till after 4 to 6 weeks

Mine recommended 3-4 weeks post Partum

VIP Member

My masseuse said after 3 weeks

My gynae said after 6 weeks.

mine aft 3 weeks.