38 weeks 5 days to edd still have time to labor naturally ?

I am currently 38 weeks 5 days and my gynae gave me until edd before i will be induced as im not dilated nor do i have any signs. Is there any possibility during these 9 days that i might be able to actually labor naturally ? Or even dilate abit? Or high chance no. This will be my first born. Is it commong first born will be overdue ? And does being induced mostly end up in csection? #firsttimemom #firstbaby #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Usually for first child would exceed EDD but subject to body. My two kids both exceeded EDD despite 3 cm dilating. I was given a week and a day to see if there's progress, however nothing changes. Therefore my first was induced, but not my second. Induced can be much more painful and if you are not dilating well enough, it can be hours of labours and if it is too long, it may ended up with c section. However, as mentioned before it all depends on our body reacting to what's given. Whether not it works.

Read more

i was induced(cervidil) at 39 weeks due to gestational diabetes. i was in labour for 28 hours and it was a very long labour. i almost ended up having a c-section because dilation was quite slow. i had my baby the next day after i got admitted for induction. it all depends on the baby and how your body reacts to it. do not worry too much and just go with the flow, okay?

Read more

FTM, I was induced due to low fluid (baby was overdue but gynae allowed me to wait). It really depends on individual whether inducing works for you or not. My entire process till labour took 6 hours. (I only learnt about needing to go under ecsect if all 3 pills don’t react well😅)

Do u hv any updates? Same situation as u.. just can't wait for obvious labour signs and finally be dilated