glucose test

Hi mommies. Do you go thru glucose test for diabetes. How do you all overcome the sweetness.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During my first time, the nurse didn't tell me I have 10mins to finish the drink so I gulp down quickly and finish less than 3 mins. After an hour, I vomitted out all liquid and had to do the test again another day. 2nd time a different nurse told me I can drink slowly so long I finish it within 10 mins. The sweetness was very hard to overcome but I managed it and this time hold it in until the end of 3 blood draw.

Read more

Fasted from 12am till 0830am. The throat very dry & feel thirsty. Got the orange drink, true enough tasted like f&n orange without the soda. I drank at one go because i was super thirsty, i feel so syiok after that. I like it. I felt better after that. but depends. some people dont like sweetness. but for me i felt so much alive.😅

Read more
VIP Member

Yes. To me, The sugar level tasted like Redbull drink. Very very sweet! I had a little Sugar rush 😅 & don’t think about it. Bring book/magazine to read, on music to listen..

Read more
4y ago

No I didn’t.

Take your time to finish the glucose drink. Nurse told me I can drink 1 cup of water in 1 hr. So I sipped my precious plain water slowly to battle the sweet aftertastes

Yes I did! I just told myself that this is for the LO's sake.. Besides, the nurse didn't allow me to leave the seat till I swallowed the entire drink 😜

It tasted like F&N Orange to me, maybe slightly sweeter. But saw some mummies who didn’t like the taste. So I guess it depends on your tastebuds.

Take a deep breath, hold it and down it in one go. It worked for me! Plus you have to finish the drink within 5 mins so imo no point taking sips.

It was f&n orange but sweeter a bit for me. Will be good to have company as i felt a bit giddy after 2nd blood test

At first it was ok. But when i was already half way, it's getting harder to drink coz it was very sweet.

I don't drink sweet drinks so I take 2x to finish 1 bottle Miranda orange no gas..