glucose test

Hi mummies.. anyone have failed the test and have to go thru dietary n also see dietician?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I Google about the health complication and risk that GD will bring to me and my baby, and I couldn’t be more determined to control my diet. For me, it was not that difficult to go through the diet and I learn a lot through this journey. And is all about discipline and choices. I eat small and frequent meals , choosing healthier carbo like whole meal, brown nice. I can continue to eat my favourite pasta but to lookout for the sauce I pick. I get to eat alot of protein and veggie to substitute the carbo. I don’t like sugary stuffs (pastries, dessert etc) but sometime if I have craving, I take 1 bite to curb the crave. Sometime I still do drink BBT, but I only drink 1/4 cup with 25% sugar no toppings. This is just to curb the crave only. All these is trial and error by pricking the finger to see whether the glucose will spike after eating anot. Whenever I feel like eating something sinful, I will think of my baby and the crave will be gone. By controlling diet for 3 months, I really manage to bring down the AC (adominal circumference) of my baby from near 95percentile to the 50th percentile. It gives me such a sense of achievement that I can do something for my baby even before she is born. You can do it mummy. Its all for you and your baby sake .

Read more
VIP Member

It wasn't easy, I craved carbs badly then. I was one of the odd cases where I had GD but low fetus weight so I also had to eat more but I had poor appetite. Had plenty of avocados, full cream milk, multigrain low GI bread, pasta (mixed many tomatoes with a bit of e pasta sauce, with low GI pasta), steaks, chicken, pork, brown rice, and as much veggies I could eat.

Read more

I have been not eating most carbs except wholemeal bread. Basically my meals are all protein and vegetables now. Like maybe 1 chicken breast or 1 salmon fillet with lots and lots of vegetables to keep me full. Only eating apples and dragonfruit, low fat milk and natural (Greek) yoghurt for snacks.

VIP Member

Yes. There is also a compulsory one day stay to learn about diet, exercise and prick test at kkh. And they will ask u to rent the glucose test machine and buy the test strips.

VIP Member

its hard to maintain the diet for me. but i try to eat alot of veggies instead of eat alot of rice.

How do u all cope n maintain the diet?

VIP Member

yes.