KKH AMC scanning at Week 5 - 6

Hi Mommies, anyone who went for a scheduled (public subsidised route) at KKH and did a scanning at week 5-6? The scanning lady "probed" abit hard on the left side of my pelvic until I feel slightly "bruised". The lady did reassure me that her action is okay and not harmful but still I am a first time mom and will just like to ask around to see if anybody experienced that? I had too much gas in my stomach and have bit of tummy fats too. >-< Is every scan going to be like this "forceful" for me now at this stage?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i also experienced this. some of them are very rough. its indeed not harmful but it’s not a pleasant experience. you can let her know that and ask if she can be gentler. i complained a technician before on her skills. it’s definitely not ideal. i managed to get another one assigned during the next scan.

Read more

When i went during week 5 the nurse told me that she couldnt see the sac and had to insert the probe from the bottom. It was very unpleasant as well. I suggest you voice out the next time when they are harsh. The actions however is not harmful

Anyone on 2nd pregnancy and feels like the tummy is way bigger at this stage as compared to your first pregnancy??

Post reply image

I guess we should have waited abit longer before we go the polyclinic for a referral. Thank you for the reassurance.