Hi mommies, my 13mo gal has a very loud and bad temper. She is impatient and when she wants something which we don't give to her she will have a meltdown, scream cry and twist in our arms even when outside. How do I "tame" her down? The family environment she is in is quite noisy in the day as there are three other kids taken care of by my parents and my parents sometimes scold the other kids loudly. I also admit that when I was pregnant I was in a bad mood most of the times as some things happened and I was perpetually in an irritated mode. I am afraid it affected her when she was still inside me. After she was born , she continues to be exposed to a noisy environment and I was also emotional and often irritated because my husband was not at my side most of the time and when he was he did not help much. There are a few times I shouted at my gal loudly coz she was crying and fussing. Tell me is it too late to change all of these or is she going to grow up a fussy loud and bad tempered gal? I feel so guilty and Sad

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

at this age she is learning to express her emotions, and many times, it could come across as too loud. this is mainly because such small babies don't understand what is too much and how to tone down things. also, as you mentioned the environment in the house is generally loud, this may come across as natural to her. i would suggest you speak to her in a soft voice, sit down to be level with her, and look her in the eye while speaking. try not to shout and stay patient, as doing this regularly will show her how she too can be a little quieter than what she is.

Read more