Being able to poop after giving birth

Hi all mummies, anyone experiencing after natural birth having issue with pooping due to the tear stitches? Would like to know if anyone have any good advice on how to deal with that? It's been so painful after the stitches, and pooping has been any issue even after 5 days from being discharge from hospital. Would like kind advice from all. Thank you

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

drink a lot of water, eat papaya and drink more water. my first poop aft natural birth was 2 hour ordeal in the toilet. my husband even called the nurse to help me but of cos she couldn't do much except offered me enema but how to insert, my poop was halfway stuck. I cant even walk straight

Request lactulose to soften bowel, drink plenty of water, eat fruits. Helps to poop easily. Take a while but worth the smooth poop. Otherwise very very painful. My #2 after birth so much painful than my #1 when I need to poop.

2mo ago

After birth it will take awhile. Same like pee we cant be that stress thinking how to pee/poo. As long as you eat properly, take lactulose, drink water. Should be able to do it. Like the comment above when the urge come it will come.

thanks for all your comments 😊hope it will be over soon.

For me same issue, i use stool softener!