17 Replies

What’s more important is a hospital plan. I never thought I would get pre-eclampsia after delivery. I was hospitalised for 6 days at KKH under subsidy and my bill size was $11+k in total. Medisave deduct $7+k and the remaining had to be paid in cash. Lucky for me I had insurance to cover the remaining amount of $4+k. I was also reimbursed $900 for my stay in hospital. On top of that, I also bought AIA maternity plan when I was 33 weeks pregnant. Pre-eclampsia is a pregnancy complication so I am also covered under the maternity plan. Baby had to be sent to phototherapy due to her jaundice, that too is covered under the maternity plan. So if you want to have a peace of mind and tight on budget, I’d suggest you take up the most min coverage for the maternity plan. I took AIA and paid $109 per month for a baby complication portion coverage of $5000 on top of the base plan (if hospitalised) of $43k coverage. Do seek further advise from various insurance companies for your needs.

I got mine just to play safe as we never know what will happen. U can just get a basic plan to cover urself and baby. For me I got it under AIA n I pay a little more so when baby is out the plan become baby life insurance.. can convert straight. I do have a friend who didn’t buy any ended up during pregnancy she was warded and can only go KKH.. then when her baby is out the baby was also warded in n out during first 3 mths.. so they spend quite a fair bit despite beside Govt hosp.

no it's not. you can see what it covers. GE has stand alone maternity coverage. i did took it. just in case. in case anything happens to my baby that falls under the sickness category on the list, at least I'm covered and not have to worry of money. it covers you during pregnancy and your nb until 3 yrs old. i took it when I'm at my 37 weeks. 😅

what's important in the maternity insurance is not the maternity coverage portion, it's more on the life plan that can be transferred to baby. especially there is 1 company now guarantees the integrated shield plan for baby if you have the maternity insurance. I think the guarantee shield for baby us priceless.

VIP Member

I bought maternity insurance from Prudential (in case bad thing happened) and It’s useful when my baby had jaundice and must do phototherapy so it cover the bill..

Sorry that i forget how many days it cover..it cover a bit from bill..

TapFluencer

no to me it's not a must but it's something to buy just incase if you have extra money. if not can don't buy too

No not a must. But if can afford. Why not. Better safe than sorry

not a must but in case if your pregnancy did not go smoothly

good to have especially if you are 30+

No, Not must. but it's better to have

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles