Maternity Insurance

Mummies, Help me to find out whether high-risk pregnancies are covered by Maternity Insurance. If so, what is reliable Maternity Insurance?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hii! You can sign your maternity insurance at 13 weeks onwards before your scan in week 20 - week 24 as that is when you will find out more abt baby's development. Most mummies just try and apply first. If they don't cover, you will be refunded. I am a FA and can help to answer your questions (: Oh and I'm also signing once i reach week 13! 😅

Read more

For me, I’m at Week 18. And I’m still in the midst of getting an insurance due to my history of Ectopic & PCOS. I have been rejected by 2 companies and thus far only AIA seem to be willingly to cover me provided I do a couple of test and my doctor has to fill up a form.

TapFluencer

Always buy earlier for maternity insurance!! I signed my maternity insurance on 12 weeks and sudd on week 24 i have pre-eclampsia!! Luckily my insurance covers it!! So just get it early!!!! You never know what may happen next!

Usually they will reject high risk pregnancies, that is why have to purchase early 13 weeks for normal conception and 28 weeks for ivf(only certain companies covers).

1y ago

Hi, just wanted to add that this wasn’t the case for me. I conceived via IVF and bought my insurance at 13-14 weeks under AXA :)

Super Mum