Should I start to drink maternal milk as I am now in week 7? What brand is recommended?

Maternal milk

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

for me, i am lactose intolerant so fresh milk is out :) i requested samples from various milk company and liked frisomum, anmum chocolate, and similac strawberry. some can be sweet so feel free to just reduce the quantity of milk powder to use. can also try buying from carousell. some sell 400g tin as low as $5. take care!

Read more
2y ago

Hi! How did u request for samples? Did you email them? Because I cannot seem to find that option on their website.

Maternal milk is optional, not a must. Just take the prenatals vitamins given by your gynae. I didn't consume any maternal milk but took the prenatal vitamins given by my gynae, eat healthy, drinks sugar free soy milk or fresh milk, baby is a healthy full term 40 weeks 3.2kg baby at birth. I do not have GD too.

Read more

i don't take any maternal milk. moat of them contains high sugar level. gotten free samples from similac but hated the taste and the smell. i just take prenatal vitamins and nutrisoys oat and quinoa milk. all is good, currently 33weeks. baby and mommy is healthy. no gd too.

Not necessary but if you want can request samples from Similac, anmum, friso to see which one you like. For me I didn’t like the taste so I drank Meiji low-fat milk instead. Do take note that maternal milk is high in sugar too.

I didn't like the taste much, but whats worse is the amount of sugar in them is pretty high along with some inheritance cruddy ingredients. I prefer sticking to regular milk without any sugar or flavour added

Maternal milk is to supplement what you lack in diet. I rely on prenatal supplements so the milk will be redundant. Like the other mommy said, can seek for samples and see what you like.

Drinking Friso mum now, one cup can make me full for the morning commute. But drinking vanilla milk all the time can make me feel sick of it so just bought annum chocolate milk. Hope it’s better

I checked with my gynea is it necessary to take, since I'm short doctor advised me not to consume because it may cause baby to become fat , later it will be hard for me during labour.

not compulsory. you may request for samples and try out the different brands. personally, I feel all the brands taste awful. thus I went for fresh milk instead.

I am all for maternal milk 😎 similac, frisomum, enfamama is good. Can start drinking alr