Gestational diabetes

Any mamas with GD who doesn’t stick to the diet plan given?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Listen to gynae. My gynae very strict even though I failed borderline. His concern is that if my GI is not consistence in acceptable level, worst case baby heartbeat will stop. Mild case is baby will be overweight and if u go for natural delivery, it will be harder and u may bleed more. Everyday record what I ate and once a week check for blood glucose level. Just eat more meat, veg. Fruit selective. Cut carbo and sugary stuff. So we control baby weight at 3kg during labour and he came out super fast and easily without much pain for me. Good thing about cutting carbo and sugary stuff, the total weight gain for me is only 8kg so back to pre pregnancy weight within a week...

Read more

I am so tired of it but I try to control and follow. I am currently required to take insulin jab x4 dosage for dinner nightly , and take glucose test 4 times a day (before and after bf / lunch + dinner). Bf usually no issue as I have bread w cheese daily, and lunch I steam cook. Only dinner is an issue cause I eat outside. Headache!! But I am worry for my baby!

Read more

Better stick to the meal plan provided. You may want to monitor your sugar level before and after food every day so you have an idea what food is suitable for you. I tested 7 times a day during my first pregnancy and had an idea what food causes high blood sugar. It is important to manage GD for the baby.

Read more
VIP Member

Better to stick to diet plan otherwise baby can grow too big which will be difficult for natural delivery. :)

VIP Member

As long cut down in sugary drinks like bubble tea

VIP Member

Nope. I followed gynecologist advice

VIP Member

Best to stick to e diet plan ya

Best to stick with gynae plan

Hahaha me.. but is not good

VIP Member

Cut down sugary intake