Rants from a FTM

Hi mamas. Just wanna rant here. I’m currently staying with my husband & mil together with my baby. I have no issues with my mil prior arrival of my baby. However, nowadays my mil has a habit of passing remarks about my baby which is deemed unnecessary & annoying? Such as when my baby’s crying hysterically out of the blue she would literally say ‘diam’ as in quiet. I’ve been hearing this & I feel like I should address it to her. Like seriously you’re asking a baby to shut up when their only form of communication is crying? It’s like people asking you to shut up when you’re talking? Sometimes she would also comment ‘so teruk’ meaning ‘so bad’ when baby is crying. Honestly, it’s annoying & if I were to answer her back, I’m afraid I would be disrespectful .

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is she being serious ? I believe she has lost touch of taking care of her own son last time and theyre just old and cranky. I would honestly confront about it as whatever we say to baby will indirectly affect them even if they dont understand what we’re saying. And imagine if something happen and you need your mil to take care of the baby? Is she going to act rough on the baby still?

Read more
11mo ago

Agree, even if the baby does not understand what we are saying as least show some respect? Like it would be rude if someone said the same thing to you. And yes, lucky my own mum’s taking care of my baby on weekdays once I start work so I wouldn’t have to worry about leaving my baby in her hands 😭