2 Replies

VIP Member

I did breastfeed for about 10 months, but I exclusively pumped since Day 1 because my son didn't want to latch. However, there are many mums who do not breastfeed - some for medical/financial reasons, while others simply choose not to because of whatever personal reasons they had! I guess the first thing you could think about is why you don't want to breastfeed - yes, it can be inconvenient and tough to manage especially if you're a working mum - but there are ways around it to help you manage :) If it's about the cost, you could always get secondhand/gently used equipment and reusable storage cups so you don't spend a lot on storage bags! In fact, breastfeeding is cheaper than getting formula in the long run. If it's about medical reasons, then check with your gynae/doctor about it - some medication do not require you to pump and dump, and some health conditions would still allow you to breastfeed while accepting treatment/medication :) Whatever your reason is, you still have time to think about it - and whether you want to or not, your milk supply will come in about 3-5 days after giving birth, and it'll take a while to go away if you choose not to breastfeed - either way, you'd still have to take good care to avoid mastitis and blocked ducts which can cause more problems! If you do decide to not breastfeed at all, you may want to get medication from the doctor to stop your milk supply - even if you're not feeding, milk can still be triggered when a child cries (even if it's not your child) or when you get overly emotional over maternal instincts :x If there's something bothering you about breastfeeding, you can always leave a message or comment here and the community can help!

Thanks for the advice. Actually I have depression in the past. But recovered from it with the help of my mum & hubby. I loved my job a lot (freelance), it kept me busy and distracted so that I don over think on certain matters. I’m just worried that I can’t cope with the stress of breastfeeding and the depression might come back. Because once CL leave, mum and hubby resume work. I’m all alone. I understand thy breastfeeding is not easy, you are alone, you Donno whether you are doing it right, helpless and no one to talk to, it might seems normal to all mummies out there. But it seems like it will trigger my depression back.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-48561)

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles