Recipes

Lo is now 17 months old and has been eating porridge with different meat and vegetables for months. Guess he’s getting a little sick of the food. Any recipes for toddlers less than 18 months?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We started to give our LO whatever we eat (the ones we feel healthy) ever since he started expressing dislike towards baby foods. We also give him pasta and noodles as well. He is now 18 months, we give him a healthy baby meal once a day, then all other times what we prepare for us. Plus fruits and fresh juice (My LO don't like milk).

Read more

I will say you need to give them a variety of food. Pancake, rice, pasta, noodles, bread. Since you say that your lo has been eating porridge all along, it’s very natural that he/she is “unwilling” to try them Or “don’t like” them. But nevertheless, have to keep exposing them For my 1yo , I give all of the above.

Read more

Hi, maybe you can try making vegetable or fruit puree and change different varieties. Or you may see the link below for some reference: https://sg.theasianparent.com/weaning_recipes?utm_medium=web&utm_source=search&utm_campaign=elastic

my LO will eat rice, soup, pasta, bread etc... we also give him some mC D on our cheat days... at first i also wanna plan a meal for him but as a working mom and busy taking care of my NB we give him whatever we cook at home

Super Mum

Seems like your LO doesn't like alot of food😅 Why not try to involve him when you are preparing the food? When kids are part of the cooking process, they may be more likely to eat the food..

TapFluencer

pasta, steam something to goes with rice, fish soup, pancake, mee sua, I've shared some recipe in my IG @mummyjlife you might want to check it out to see if it give you any ideas 😊

at 17mo, they may not like porridge texture anymore. give them rice but add a little more water to it when cooking. porridge texture is too watery to them at this stage

VIP Member

Hi... you can try some of the finger foods suggested in this article https://sg.theasianparent.com/babys-first-finger-foods

My 17 months old boy followed any food we cooked for a family. Is that easy.

VIP Member

Make cute rice balls with meat stuffing inside like this?

Post reply image