Feeding

My LO not drinking milk and super difficult to feed...??...I plan to give rice Cereal to my baby...she's 3 months and 20 days can suggest ...can I feed her this ?

Feeding
17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

3 months plus is too early... Plus even when your baby is ready for solid it's not like you can completely replace the milk feeds. Solids up to 1 year is just for experimenting and you should start out with only a couple teaspoons a day. I know sometimes it seems like baby doesn't want to drink milk but resorting to solids is not the solution, can you try to figure out why baby doesn't want milk? Try changing bottle or teat size?

Read more

3 months is definitely too young. Baby can only start solids when can sit unsupported which is at least 4 months onwards and 6 months is recommended. I plan to start mine after 6months too. Best to consult your PD why baby not drinking well. How many percentile is baby weight? PD would be able to check for any issues like tongue tied or colic or tummy problems etc.

Read more
4y ago

No problem ....pd said baby tired of milk 😓

Mine also same. Why not try to use "toys" to distract her first. Usually I will use Toys (story book rhymes or any other colourful toys) to distract my baby boy so he could finish the milk. Until now he is 7 months, still diff to feed. Sometimes I add 4 scoops of milk powder to his solid food,🥴

Thank you all Mummies...the cereal stated 4 months onward. I feed her once yesterday ...one scoop ...I did not feed today... Her milk intake like 590-670 ml ...2x FM =200 ml to 180. The rest ebm ... Do u all think my baby drink very less?

4y ago

When she is awake I can't feed...she won't drink at all regardless of time ....I try 3 different formula and bm ...

Not now. 6 months will be good. Change feeding. Maybe using a small baby spoon or use music toys. Or baby teat need to change or change of formula.

No. Should give when he is 6 months old. You can consider to change the brand of milk powder? Sometimes it is due to the taste of milk powder

Super Mum

When go PD check for Colic or if baby has sore throat etc. Those could cause baby not to feed well

VIP Member

When my LO is 3 months old, drinking 550-650ml daily of FM. Percentile at 85% Drinking NAN HA

VIP Member

Maybe till she is 6 months? If you really really want, then make sure it's very very diluted.

Maybe try different milk? I think it's alil too early to feed cereal. Try check with doc/pd.

2y ago

Wow I just saw these replies. hehe. just checked. yeap it did smell weird ajd too strong. i bought it and i tooo was yoo scared to feed my baby that. injz discarded it haha.