Hi, my LO is 9 months old.. Wanna ask which Sch of thoughts Is correct? One of my frens told me to introduce high allergen food such as seafood, egg white, peanut etc earlier so as to reduce the chances of developing allergy to These food ... While another Fren with another Sch of thoughts says that we should wait to introduce the high allergen food and be more prudent to introducing these high allergen food .. Such as introduce egg white after 1 year old etc ... Which is correct ? Sometimes I wonder did I shortchange my Lo when I see my other frens already feeding a wide varieties of food , including high allergen food .. I mean I don't think I'm in a hurry to feed high allergen food but jus can't help it when I see other mommy feeding so many types of food to their LO and I ask myself if it is right to be more careful in what I feed my LO.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

While the various schools of thoughts are useful to know and understand, I reckon it's not always straightforward. There isn't a hard and fast rule when it comes to when to let kids try "allergens" prone food. My best friend is really one those happy go lucky moms who parent by instinct and doesn't really adhere to such all the rules and her son is happy, healthy and beautiful with no health issues so far. I know parents who are extra careful with what their child eats yet he or she still develops allergies.

Read more