Baby don’t want me to coax her to sleep

My LO is 5 months old and she prefer mummy to coax her to sleep at night than me. I don’t know what’s the reason that my LO prefer my wife more. Really wish to be able to coax her to sleep so that my wife can rest more at night

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't worry abt it! It's natural for babies to prefer their mothers. My son was like tt too. My hubby did feel helpless at first especially in the first mth when baby only wanted me all the time but he soon came to terms with it and help with baby in other ways like diaper changing, bathing etc every time he's home. He also helps to bottle feed him first and if he's still very awake, he'll give him to me for baby to latch. When I'm putting baby to slp, he'll usually be beside me and patting him too just so tt baby is aware tt papa is there. Now sometimes, my son is able to slp when my hubby carries and rocks him.

Read more
Super Mum

Can try to do it together with your wife at first then slowly your wife go into the room later and later until don’t need to go in at all.

I'm no expert here, but the cause of it is you are too tense, baby can feel it. Be natural, don't think too hard. All the best.